Thursday, August 27, 2009

PALOS VERDES UP IN FLAMES!!!











PALOS VERDES UP IN FLAMES!!!

I noticed it after turning onto my street. The moon was blood red.
Before I knew what I was doing, I ran into my house, grabbed my camera and camera bag and ran back to my car.
Driving up Crenshaw Blvd., I saw drivers parked on the road, trying to catch a glimpse of the fire. The fire was behind the hill and only the reflection it cast in the smoke was visible.

I drove up Crest Rd., but the guards at the entrance wouldn't let me in.
So what did I do? I hiked up the hill, next to Rancho Del Mar High School. In sandals. Did I tell you I had just come home from school before all of this?

I finally came face to face with with the blaze.

This tree just went up so fast, I couldn't believe it.






By the time I left, the L.A. fire department had begun deploying helicopters to put the flame out.



Daily Breeze is reporting 2 homes engulfed by the fire so far. L.A. Times says 500 homes are being evacuated.

Stay safe everyone.

UPDATE:
Source- Daily Breeze (Torrance Newspaper)
6 homes damaged, over 1000 evac, 125 acres damaged. Palos Verdes is known for million dollar+ homes, horse ranches and dense forests.

No comments: